.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BACK IN PAIN

All That Is Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil
Is That Good Men Do Nothing

Thursday, March 02, 2006

But it's So Easy

I can understand people taking the little things for granted. Things like picking something up off the floor or getting out of a chair. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get out of a recliner? I have to use the recliner because I need to lay back and take the pressure off my spine. Laying in a bed would be easier but I have to be out with my family and would not want it any other way. But it is hard for anyone not in pain to understand that getting out of a recliner is painful. You have to think is it worth getting up to get something or answer the phone you forgot to put next to you. And let me tell you that there is nothing worse than just sitting down getting the backrest positioned just right and the pillow adjusted and realizing you forgot something (happens often) and have to get up. Basically it sucks to have to even think about these stupid inconsequential things. I'm just saying. I'm fine. Thanks

4 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger beachtiglet said...

I can't tell you how many of my handsets are out of juice right now because, while I remember to put them next to me, by the time I get up and get where I'm going, I don't remember to put them on the charger...drives my husband INSANE!!!!

Typed as I'm sitting here starving, but am situated with my phone, laptop, papers to grade...too darn lazy to expend the effort to get up and get something to eat. I hear yah.

I can't fathom what you are going through...I don't have the same type of pain...but I can relate...I don't want to get out of this chair...

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger R. said...

It is a sad state of affairs when you have to do a cost benefit analysis for every little thing. Like getting out of the chair.

Hope you are well
Rob

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL- cost benefit analysis. I hear ya on that one. Should I eat something solid and pay for it, or should I stick to liquids?
In any case, just wanted to stop by and say hi!
Hope you're doing well,
Stacy

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous anavar said...

I have similar problems since I tear my knee band. Everyone jump or kneel down without thinking, and in those moments I fell like a disabled one. For me - moving without worry is not taken for granted any more. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out where your website is ranking in Google, Yahoo! and MSN - FREE with ineedhits!